So this recipe has many names, Tuscan Chicken, Marry Me Chicken and now Spin the Block Chicken, HA! I named it this because men can be weird and I can’t make any promises if you make this that said man will propose but I DO KNOW if you make this he will keep coming back! So let’s make it!
- 6-7 chicken thighs or 4-5 chicken breasts (I prefer thighs, it’s just better flavor and I also like it with the skin and bones, again it gives the recipe flavor)
- 2-3 tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of chicken base (like better than bouillon) or you can just use another 1/4 cup of chicken broth instead of adding water
- 1/4 cup water (omit if using 1/2 cup chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil
- Seasonings of your choice ( I used garlic and onion powder, garlic salt, all purpose seasoning and Trader Joes 21 seasoning salute, and black pepper)
Preheat over to 375 degrees. Season chicken and then sear in butter and oil in a saucepan (preferably cast iron) on medium high heat. Once chicken is browned on both sides remove from pan and lower heat to medium – medium low. Remove excess oil from pan except for about a teaspoon. Add another tablespoon of butter, and then sauté your onions and garlic. Then add the wine or chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Add chicken base and more water if using. Then add sun dried tomatoes and heavy whipping cream and then stir for about a minute or two. Add Parmesan cheese and stir another minute. Add back in chicken (and any juices) and cover. Bake in a preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes. Once finished baking skim in excess fat (if you are using chicken thighs or skin and bones their will be fat that rises to the top) and then baste chicken with sauce. Add more cheese and fresh basil. Serve with pasta or rice or over mashed potatoes. You can also add spinach to this when adding the garlic and onions and you won’t even have to fix a vegetable!
Pro Home Cook Tip: If you are cooking for a large party or family sear your chicken in two pans. If you overcrowd the pan the chicken will not sear or brown, it will steam instead.
Pro Home Cook Tip: If cooking with dairy, make sure it’s room temperature to prevent it from curdling.
I hope you try this recipe and please tag me on Instagram @severalpeoplesmama and also follow me on TikTok @severalpeoplesmama4