So when I first shared this recipe on my Instagram stories (@rickiloves) a few weeks back it was going down in my DMs! Finally I was able to make it again so I can share it with you all! Please let me know if you make it and I hope you enjoy!
Ground meat (I used about 2lbs)
Ranch dressing seasoning (not pictured)
Salsa or Picante Sauce (It’s a TX thing!)
1 block of cream cheese
Colby Jack or Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
Fixins (toppings like sour cream, guacamole, etc)
- Cook ground meat in a skillet and season with taco and ranch dressing seasonings while you boil the jumbo shells
- Add block of cream cheese and mix thoroughly
- After Shells have finished cooking drain, rinse with cold water and let cool.
- Pour salsa or picante sauce in the bottom of a pan (I used the pan I make lasagna in) until the bottom is complete covered
- Take cooled shells and stuff with ground beef mixture and add to pan over the salsa.
- After the pan is filled pour can of enchilada sauce over the shells. Top with cheese.
- Bake covered with foil in oven set on 350 degrees for 15-20 mins then remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted thru.
I topped mine with fresh cilantro and served it with fixins and charro beans!
This is an easy and quick recipe that is a different twist on Stuffed shells and my family loves it. I have included the link for the video I used for this recipe below because she gives great tips on how to freeze it. Give this meal a try and make two so you can freeze one for later because you WILL want to eat it again!