Last night I decided to share a video on how I made some quick crab wontons to go with our dinner. We had teriyaki chicken & fried rice and even though I could have made egg rolls this was a faster and easier alternative! Check out the video on my IGTV @severalpeoplesmama. Here is the recipe!
- One 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
- One package of flake stye imitation crab meat
- One stalk of green onions chopped
- Seasoning: I used garlic salt, onion powder and a dash of ranch
- 1 package of wonton wrappers (you will find this near the salad section in your grocery store)
- Vegetable or canola oil
Heat oil on medium heat (about 350 if using an electric fryer). Mix cream cheese, crab meat, green onions, and seasonings with a fork breaking up the crab meat. Then spoon a quarter size in to the wonton wrapper. Dab water on your finger and run along each side of the wrapper. Fold wrapper in half til it forms a triangle. Pinch sides in (it will kind of look like a diaper lol). After making several drop in hot oil and cook til golden brown, this will not take long so don’t go anywhere! Repeat til finished and drain on paper towel.
These are delicious on their own or dipped in soy, duck or sweet and sour sauce. Lil Diva enjoyed helping make them because she said it was like origami!
As always tag me on IG if you make them!
Hey y’all this recipe is delicious but it is also special. A friend/co-worker shared this with me almost 10 years ago. She made it for our team at work and when I asked her how to make it she wrote out the recipe for me. Now you already know people don’t like to share their stuff sometimes but she did it with no problem and also gave me a cake recipe which I will be sharing with y’all in the future. But the real reason this recipe is so special is sadly my former coworker passed away in 2017. But she will live on in my heart and I think about her generosity every time I make it! I truly hope you make this and share with your friends and family because I know she would have wanted that.
- Chicken- Note: I normally use Chicken breast but they weren’t on sale (I feed six ppl who all eat like adults) so this was my very first time trying it with chicken thighs and I’ll never go back to breasts! I prefer boneless skinless but the bone is fine just pull off the skin.
- Chopped onions, bell peppers and mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Seasonings of your choice
- Dry ranch dressing seasoning
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Shredded Italian cheese mix
- Frozen spinach, cook it in the microwave and squeeze out excess water
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- Sauté your onions, bell peppers and mushrooms in olive oil or butter
- While your veggies soften mix up your cream cheese and spinach. If you forgot to take out your cream cheese earlier like me then pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds or so with the spinach and that will make it soft and easy to mix.
- Now add the softened veggies and cheese to the spinach and cream cheese and mix together. Add the dry ranch seasoning. Season to taste with your spices of choice. I used garlic powder, Tony’s, black pepper and onion powder.
- Set your oven to 350 degrees and in a large frying pan on about medium high heat place in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil or oil of your choice.
- Set your mixture aside and wash your chicken. Now I know washing chicken can be controversial but it’s what I do. Do what you do and we won’t have any issues.
- Cut a small slit in your chicken. It doesn’t have to be real deep and PLEASE don’t cut yourself. You just want to make a pocket to put the stuffing in. Season your chicken.
- Stuff your chicken with the mixture and then set aside until you’ve stuffed each one. Don’t try to overstuff because you will have stuffing left over. Don’t worry, my family doesn’t let me waste food so we will use it!
- Now I place each piece in the pan to sear and brown. This sears in the juices and also I don’t like light chicken. It is just not appetizing. Put some brown on that chicken so I know it’s real!!!
- Also don’t worry about the stuffing coming out. Just use your tongs and stick it back in. Or leave it out. I wouldn’t but you are an adult so you make that decision.
- After you have browned the chicken place it in the baking pan. Pour the leftover stuffing over the chicken. Told you we would use it! Bake for about an hour. You may need more time if you used breasts as those are bigger pieces. I encourage you to try the thighs though because they were so juicy and tender! Chicken is done at 165 degrees but if your seasoned like me you know to just cut it open in the biggest part to check lol.
And you’re done!!! I served this with roasted potatoes and a salad but I just had the salad because I am not eating carbs (sad face). This dish is Keto and Low Carb friendy for all my people trying to lose weight in the new year like me! No judgment! I hope you try this and make sure you share this post so my friend’s generosity can live on thru her recipe.
Enjoy this easy and quick meal any day of the week!
So when I first shared this recipe on my Instagram stories (@rickiloves) a few weeks back it was going down in my DMs! Finally I was able to make it again so I can share it with you all! Please let me know if you make it and I hope you enjoy!
Ground meat (I used about 2lbs)
Ranch dressing seasoning (not pictured)
Salsa or Picante Sauce (It’s a TX thing!)
1 block of cream cheese
Colby Jack or Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
Fixins (toppings like sour cream, guacamole, etc)
- Cook ground meat in a skillet and season with taco and ranch dressing seasonings while you boil the jumbo shells
- Add block of cream cheese and mix thoroughly
- After Shells have finished cooking drain, rinse with cold water and let cool.
- Pour salsa or picante sauce in the bottom of a pan (I used the pan I make lasagna in) until the bottom is complete covered
- Take cooled shells and stuff with ground beef mixture and add to pan over the salsa.
- After the pan is filled pour can of enchilada sauce over the shells. Top with cheese.
- Bake covered with foil in oven set on 350 degrees for 15-20 mins then remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted thru.
I topped mine with fresh cilantro and served it with fixins and charro beans!
This is an easy and quick recipe that is a different twist on Stuffed shells and my family loves it. I have included the link for the video I used for this recipe below because she gives great tips on how to freeze it. Give this meal a try and make two so you can freeze one for later because you WILL want to eat it again!
So I did an Instagram live a few weeks back where I showed how I made my trout for an easy light dinner and I got so many messages asking for a recipe! So I decided to make it again (and my family definitely didn’t mind) and write a blog post. I initially started eating trout by mistake, I thought I had bought salmon (#seasonedwomanproblems) but it turns out we prefer trout because it is lighter in taste and less fishy. You can definitely use this recipe with salmon tho!
Olive oil (or whatever oil you prefer)
Butter (I use salted)
Lemon juice or fresh lemons
2-3 garlic cloves or minced garlic from the jar
Seasonings of your choice: I used Tony Cacheres, montreal chicken seasoning, garlic powder, New Orleans style seafood (from Dollar Tree, if you see it, get it!), and garlic salt
Pour about 2-3 tablespoons of oil all over the fish and rub in.
Season fish with seasonings (1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of each seasoning) of choice and rub into the fish along with minced garlic.
Cut lemon and pour juice over the fish. Make sure you get all you can out that lemon. Tip: you can either roll a lemon with your hand a few times to warm it up or place it in the microwave for about 10-15 secs and you will be able to squeeze more juice out.
Cut up butter I used about 3/4 a stick and place pats of butter all over the fish. Also take a lemon and cut up in slices and place on the fish.
Put in oven on 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes then turn on the broiler and broil fish for about 2-3 minutes (Don’t leave watch closely so you don’t burn it!) When it comes out the oven you may notice some black specs don’t worry that’s just the butter it’s perfectly normal.
Your fish should look like this!
Serve with a starch (we like roasted red potatoes or rice) and a salad or green beans! When I’m on my Keto diet I will just eat it with a salad.
Hope you enjoy and if you try it please let me know!!!