Hi y’all! I am sharing my recipe for Spaghetti Mac which is an easy alternative to plain old spaghetti and something ALL my kids enjoy. This recipe will give you an easy meal that can stretch your budget! I have also included my cook with me video so visit my YouTube channel to see how I made it!
- 1-2 lbs of ground beef or turkey. You do not need a lot of
- meat for this dish so this is a great way to stretch your
- 1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce or marinara (use more if that’s your preference)
- ½ cup of onions ( I used frozen)
- Seasonings – Tony’s creole seasoning, garlic and herb or
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder and
- ranch dressing mix but you can use whatever you like!
- 1 package of elbow macaroni·
- 8 ounces of processed cheese product (Velveeta) cut into
- 1 inch cubes
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheese. I used Colby Jack but
- Mozzarella or any other cheese would be good as well.
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil pasta in a pot of water per directions. I add oil and salt to my pasta so it won’t stick but that is optional. Brown ground meat in a pan with onions. Drain fat and then add seasonings and sauce. Simmer on low. Drain cooked pasta and add to casserole dish or 9×13 pan (spray pan first to prevent sticking). Add half of cubed of cheese and stir throughout the pasta. Add sauce and stir to combine. Add shredded cheese on top and rest of cubed cheese. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes in order for cheese to melt. Once finished baking, let sit for 10-15 minutes so the casserole can set. Serve with a salad or fav green vegetable!
Check out my YouTube video here: