I’ve been trying to make this soup for weeks and I’m so glad I finally did! Instapot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is easy, doesn’t require a lot of work (use real bacon bits instead of cooking some and save yourself even more work) and was delicious and filling. Perfect for a cold fall or winter day. Let’s cook!
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions (I buy frozen from Kroger)
- 1/2 to 1 cup half and half
- 6 slices of uncooked bacon chopped (or use bacon bits)
- Seasonings (you will season to taste)
- Velveeta (I used a 1/4 of a 16 oz block)
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth or beef broth
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 package of frozen southern style hash browns (cubes, or you can use the potatoes ‘o brien)
- Your favorite cheeseburger toppings such as tomatoes and pickles
Set instapot on the sauté function and spray or oil pot. Add uncooked bacon and fry til crispy. Remove bacon and bacon fat. Add grown beef and cook til almost brown. Add onions to cook with beef until completely brown. Drain fat and add seasonings. Don’t overseason as you can add more later to taste. Turn off sauté function. Add velveeta cheese, bacon (reserve a little to top your soup later) frozen hash browns and then add broth and water (if needed) making sure it’s enough to cover the ingredients. Place lid on the Instapot and set on high pressure for 10 minutes. Make sure valve is set to seal. Once done go ahead and turn valve to vent for a quick release. Once pressure is released remove lid and mash potatoes. Add more cheese and then half and half. Stir and taste to see if more seasoning is needed. Serve with cheeseburger toppings.
I made a short reel on Instagram to show exactly how I made this soup so make sure you are following me @severalpeoplesmama to watch! Also tag me there if you decide to make this recipe! I definitely think you should!