Listen!!! I was brunchin’ Sunday- Quarantine style! I don’t even like sausage but this casserole was so delicious and sooo filling!!! You could have this for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And you can use any combination of veggies as well. Let’s get cooking, shall we?
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage ( I also added some leftovers Italian sausage I had in my freezer)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms chopped
- 1 bag of frozen tater tots (no need to thaw)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of half and half
- 1/2 bag real bacon bits or cooked bacon (optional)
- Seasonings of choice – I used onion and garlic powder, seasoned salt, ranch and Italian and roasted garlic seasonings
- 1-2 cups of shredded cheese of choice
Directions: Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray and layer the tater tots on the bottom. In a separate pan brown sausage, add onions, garlic, mushrooms. If you have peppers or spinach this would be good to add as well. Drain fat and add meat mixture on top of tater tots. I also added some leftover bacon bits but this is optional. Mix eggs with half and half and seasonings. Pour over tater tots and meat mixture. Let eggs soak into tater tots and meat mixture for at least 30 minutes. Don’t skip this step. You can actually make this the night before and bake in the morning. Top with cheese and back on 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let set for 15 minutes, cut into squares and serve.
I topped mine with salsa. Sour cream and avocados would work as well or plain ole ketchup!
If you try this recipe as always tag me on Instagram @severalpeoplesmama. You can also see how I made this in my highlights.
Also check out my Grocery Store Vlog and Haul in my YouTube channel!!!
Hope you enjoy!